Paper of the year award
As we are not sure when we will be able to see each other again in person, we are launching a new initiative to stay in touch with our members until we are able to meet again.
We are pleased to launch a ‘Best Paper of the Year’ competition for SETGYC members.
There are 3 categories:
1) Best paper published on the subject of gene therapy to be submitted by 30 October 2020
2) Best paper published on the subject of cell therapy to be submitted by 28 February 2021
3) Best paper published on the subject of COVID-19 and gene and cell therapy to be submitted by 30 June 2021
Who is eligible?
- First author in the publication, who must be a SETGYC member at the time of the proposal
- In cases where there are co-first authors, it is sufficient for one of them to be a SETGYC member
- Submitted papers must have appeared within the last 12 months, defined as the date of online publication
In each category, 2 prizes will be awarded:
- Best paper where the first author works in a lab based in Spain
- Best paper where the first author is a Spanish researcher who works in a lab outside of Spain
A prize of €1000 will go to the first authors (to be shared in the case of 2 first authors) and the winners will also be asked to present their papers via a webinar during the month following the declaration of the winners. The presentations will be shown live on YouTube and will remain on
the SETGYC website for those who could not watch them live.
Proposal and selection process
- The deadline for submitting publications in this first category is 30 October 2020.
- Proposals are to be emailed to the SETGYC office (email@example.com). Please include an abstract along with a PDF copy of your paper.
- The SETGYC board will review the entries.